Domperidone + Rabeprazole
Information about Domperidone + Rabeprazole
Domperidone + rabeprazole uses
How domperidone + rabeprazole works
This is a combination of two medicines: Domperidone and Rabeprazole. Domperidone is a prokinetic which works on the upper digestive tract to increase the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing the food to move more easily through the stomach. Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of domperidone + rabeprazole
Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Dryness in mouth, Headache, Dizziness, Flatulence, Weakness, Flu-like symptoms
Available Medicine for Domperidone + Rabeprazole
- ₹150 to ₹155Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹43Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹141Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹109Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹165 to ₹201Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹227Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹150Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹135Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹73Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹149 to ₹150Eris Lifesciences Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Domperidone + Rabeprazole
- You have been prescribed Domperidone + Rabeprazole for the treatment of acidity and heartburn.
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Long-term use can cause weak bones and deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Domperidone + Rabeprazole
Domperidone + Rabeprazole
Q. What is Domperidone+Rabeprazole?
Domperidone+Rabeprazole is a combination of two medicines: Domperidone and Rabeprazole. This combination is used to treat acidity and heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD); a condition where the acid in the stomach flows back up into the food pipe (esophagus). It is also used to treat gastric and duodenal ulcers. Domperidone helps to control vomiting by increasing the movement of the gut, allowing the food to move more easily through the stomach.
Q. Is it safe to use Domperidone+Rabeprazole?
Yes, Domperidone+Rabeprazole is safe for most of the patients. However, in some patients it may cause common side effects like diarrhea, stomach pain, flatulence, dryness in mouth, dizziness, headache and other uncommon and rare side effects. Inform your doctor if you experience any persistent problem while taking this medicine.
Q. What is the best time to take Domperidone+Rabeprazole?
It is best to take Domperidone+Rabeprazole before the first meal of the day or on an empty stomach.
Q. Can the use of Domperidone+Rabeprazole cause abnormal heartbeat?
Yes, the use of Domperidone+Rabeprazole can increase the risk of developing irregular heartbeat (serious arrhythmias). This is a serious side effect but the chance that it may happen is very low. The risk may be slightly higher in those who are more than 60 years of age.
Q. What are the contraindications of Domperidone+Rabeprazole?
The use of Domperidone+Rabeprazole is considered to be harmful for patients with a known hypersensitivity to rabeprazole or domperidone or any other inactive ingredients of the medicine. Caution is advised in patients with underlying kidney or liver disease.
Q. Can the use of Domperidone+Rabeprazole cause dry mouth?
Yes, the use of Domperidone+Rabeprazole can cause dry mouth. Dryness of mouth occurs due to Domperidone. If you experience dry mouth, drink plenty of water. Keep some water on your bedside at night. Cut down the intake of alcohol and avoid smoking. If you have dry mouth, try to use alcohol-free mouthwash as its use can increase the risk of tooth decay.
Q. Can the use of Domperidone+Rabeprazole cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Domperidone+Rabeprazole can cause diarrhea. In case you experience diarrhea, drink plenty of water or other fluids. Avoid taking fatty or fried foods along with this medication. Talk to your doctor if diarrhea persists and if you notice any signs of dehydration, like less urination with dark colored and strong-smelling urine.
Q. What is the recommended storage condition for Domperidone+Rabeprazole?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.