Domperidone + Esomeprazole
Information about Domperidone + Esomeprazole
Domperidone + esomeprazole uses
Domperidone+Esomeprazole is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and functional dyspepsia.
How domperidone + esomeprazole works
This is a combination of two medicines: Domperidone and Esomeprazole. Domperidone is a prokinetic which works on the upper digestive tract to increase the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing the food to move more easily through the stomach. Esomeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of domperidone + esomeprazole
Diarrhea, Flatulence, Stomach pain, Dryness in mouth, Headache
Available Medicine for Domperidone + Esomeprazole
- ₹98 to ₹149Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹107 to ₹183Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹106 to ₹154Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹136Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹147Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹41Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹147Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹132Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹108La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Domperidone + Esomeprazole
- You have been prescribed Domperidone + Esomeprazole for the treatment of acidity and heartburn.
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Long-term use can cause weak bones and deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Domperidone + Esomeprazole
Domperidone + Esomeprazole
Q. What is Domperidone+Esomeprazole?
Domperidone+Esomeprazole is a combination of two medicines: Domperidone and Esomeprazole. This combination is used to treat acidity and heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD); a condition where the acid in the stomach flows back up into the food pipe (esophagus). It is also used to treat gastric and duodenal ulcers. Domperidone helps to control vomiting by increasing the movement of the gut, allowing the food to move more easily through the stomach.
Q. Is it safe to use Domperidone+Esomeprazole?
Yes, Domperidone+Esomeprazole is safe for most of the patients. However, in some patients it may cause common side effects like diarrhoea, stomach pain, flatulence, dryness in mouth, dizziness, headache and other uncommon and rare side effects. Inform your doctor if you experience any persistent problem while taking this medicine.
Q. What is the best time to take Domperidone+Esomeprazole?
It is best to take Domperidone+Esomeprazole before the first meal of the day or on an empty stomach.
Q. Can the use of Domperidone+Esomeprazole cause abnormal heartbeat?
Yes, the use of Domperidone+Esomeprazole can increase the risk of irregular heartbeat (serious arrhythmias). This is a serious side effect but the chance that it may happen is very low. The risk may be slightly higher in those who are more than 60 years of age.
Q. What are the contraindications associated with the use of Domperidone+Esomeprazole?
The use of Domperidone+Esomeprazole is considered to be harmful for patients with a known hypersensitivity to rabeprazole or domperidone or any other inactive ingredients of the medicine. Caution is advised in patients with underlying kidney or liver disease.
Q. Can the use of Domperidone+Esomeprazole cause dry mouth?
Yes, the use of Domperidone+Esomeprazole can cause dry mouth. Dryness of mouth occurs due to Domperidone. If you experience dry mouth, drink plenty of water. Take regular sips of water during the day and keep some water on your bedside at night. Cut down the intake of alcohol and avoid smoking. If you have dry mouth, try to use alcohol-free mouthwash as its use can increase the risk of tooth decay.
Q. Can the use of Domperidone+Esomeprazole cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Domperidone+Esomeprazole can cause diarrhea. In case of diarrhea, drink plenty of water or other fluids. Talk to your doctor if diarrhea persists and if you notice signs of dehydration, like less frequency of urination and dark colored and strong-smelling urine. Avoid taking fatty or fried foods with this medication. Also, do not take any medicines without consulting the doctor.
Q. What are the storage conditions for Domperidone+Esomeprazole?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.