Information about Dimethindene
Dimethindene is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
How dimethindene works
Dimethindene blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of dimethindene
Nausea, Abnormal heart rhythm, Hormone imbalance, Allergic reaction, Slow growth in children and teenagers, Blurred vision, Constipation, Sleepiness, Drowsiness, Dry mouth, Excitement, Headache, Inability to empty the urinary bladder, Stomach upset, Tachycardia.
Available Medicine for Dimethindene
- ₹23 to ₹40Novartis India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dimethindene
• Patients allergic to dimethindene or any of its ingredients should not take it.
• Patients with urinary retention, paralytic ileus (mechanical/functional intestinal obstruction), raised pressure in the eyes causing deterioration of vision, fits, and breathing problems should also not take dimethindene.
• Exercise caution if you are an elderly patient and if you have increased eye pressure, prostate enlargement causing difficulty passing urine, fits, stomach obstruction, long-standing cough and breathlessness indicative of lung disease (chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder).
• Dimethindene should be used with caution in children <1 year of age, as it can cause temporary cessation of breathing during sleep.
• Do not drive vehicles or operate heavy machineries as dimethindene may cause dizziness.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.