Information about Diethylcarbamazine + Cetirizine
Diethylcarbamazine + Cetirizine Uses
Diethylcarbamazine+Cetirizine is used in the treatment of filariasis.
How Diethylcarbamazine + Cetirizine works
Diethylcarbamazine + Cetirizine is a combination of two medicines: Diethylcarbamazine and Cetirizine which treat filariasis. Diethylcarbamazine works by decreasing the muscular activity and causing paralysis of these worms while Cetirizine decreases the raised eosinophil count (white blood cells) and controls allergic symptoms like cough and breathlessness.
Common side effects of Diethylcarbamazine + Cetirizine
Nausea, Loss of appetite, Dryness in mouth, Fatigue, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Headache, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Diethylcarbamazine + Cetirizine
ZinofilMed Manor Organics Pvt Ltd
₹55 to ₹692 variant(s)
Trozan ODStedman Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹47 to ₹722 variant(s)
CarcetBurgeon Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹19 to ₹263 variant(s)
EsnocofTTK Healthcare Ltd
₹19 to ₹292 variant(s)
CetriplusShield Health Care Pvt Ltd
₹43 to ₹472 variant(s)
Acefil BDNaatson Healthcare Pvt Ltd
JilosynJaqson Healthcare Pvt. Ltd
Decet ODRND Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Diethylcarbamazine + Cetirizine
- Diethylcarbamazine + Cetirizine should be taken with food at the same time every day.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as medicine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Diethylcarbamazine + Cetirizine.
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol while taking the medicine as it can enhance the dizziness.