Information about Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid Uses
Dicyclomine+Mefenamic Acid is used in the treatment of menstrual pain and abdominal pain. It relieves colicky pain associated with intestinal, biliary, and ureteric colic.
How Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid works
Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Dicyclomine and Mefenamic Acid. Dicyclomine is an anticholinergic which works by relaxing the muscles in the stomach and gut (intestine). It stops sudden muscle contractions (spasms), thereby relieving cramps, pain, bloating, and discomfort. Mefenamic Acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause abdominal pain and inflammation (swelling). Together, they relieve menstrual cramps and colicky pain.
Common side effects of Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
Dizziness, Dryness in mouth, Blurred vision, Nausea, Sleepiness, Weakness, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
DysmenManeesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹12 to ₹582 variant(s)
CyclomeffIndoco Remedies Ltd
Mefkind-SpasMankind Pharma Ltd
Cyclopam-MFIndoco Remedies Ltd
ZE SpasKee Pharma
Colimex MFWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
MefspasTorque Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
NamspasPsychotropics India Ltd
DespasDew Drops Lab
Expert advice for Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
- You have been prescribed Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid to relieve menstrual pain (cramps) and abdominal pain.
- Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid should preferably be taken with food.
- If you get diarrhea while taking this medicine, stop taking it and consult your doctor.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or visual disturbances. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid as it can cause excessive drowsiness and increase your risk of stomach problems.