Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
Information about Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
Dicyclomine + mefenamic acid uses
Dicyclomine+Mefenamic Acid is used in the treatment of menstrual pain and colicky pain. It relieves colicky pain associated with intestinal, biliary, and ureteric colic.
How dicyclomine + mefenamic acid works
This is a combination of two medicines: Dicyclomine and Mefenamic Acid. Dicyclomine is an anticholinergic which works by relaxing the muscles in the stomach and gut (intestine). It stops sudden muscle contractions (spasms), thereby relieving cramps, pain, bloating, and discomfort. Mefenamic Acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause abdominal pain and inflammation (swelling). Together, they relieve menstrual cramps and colicky pain.
Common side effects of dicyclomine + mefenamic acid
Blurred vision, Sleepiness, Dryness in mouth, Nausea, Weakness, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
- ₹65Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹44Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹38Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹42BestoChem Formulations India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹38Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29Kee Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹42Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20Psychotropics India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
- You have been prescribed Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid to relieve menstrual pain (cramps) and abdominal pain.
- Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid should preferably be taken with food.
- If you get diarrhea while taking this medicine, stop taking it and consult your doctor.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or visual disturbances. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid as it can cause excessive drowsiness and increase your risk of stomach problems.
Frequently asked questions for Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
Dicyclomine + Mefenamic Acid
Q. Can Dicyclomine+Mefenamic Acid stop menstruation?
No, Mefspas does not have any effect on menstrual bleeding, neither does it affect the amount nor the duration of bleeding. It does not affect the menstrual cycle and helps relieve the pain caused due to menstrual cramps.
Q. Is there any harm if I drive after taking the medicine?
Yes, you should try to avoid driving after taking Dicyclomine+Mefenamic Acid as this medicine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. These side effects get worse with the consumption of alcohol. Hence, better to avoid driving or any attention-seeking activity until you know how the medicine affects you.
Q. How long should I take Dicyclomine+Mefenamic Acid?
Dicyclomine+Mefenamic Acid is not prescribed to be taken on a regular basis. Therefore, it is advised to take Dicyclomine+Mefenamic Acid for the shortest possible time advised by the doctor or only when you experience menstrual pain.
Q. Can Dicyclomine+Mefenamic Acid be taken with food?
Yes, you should take Dicyclomine+Mefenamic Acid with food or immediately after food. This will prevent the occurrence of stomach upset, which is very common with this medicine. It is also advisable not to lie down immediately after taking the medicine.