Information about Dicyclomine
Dicyclomine is used in the treatment of abdominal pain and irritable bowel syndrome.
How Dicyclomine works
Dicyclomine is an anticholinergic medication. It works by relaxing the muscles in the stomach and gut (intestine). It stops sudden muscle contractions (spasms), thereby relieving cramps, pain, bloating, and discomfort.
Common side effects of Dicyclomine
Nausea, Sleepiness, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Dryness in mouth, Nervousness, Weakness
Available Medicine for Dicyclomine
Spasmo ProxyvonWockhardt Ltd
ColigonFourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹10 to ₹492 variant(s)
ColigoBiostrass Health Sciences Pvt Ltd
DicipamKare Health Specialities Pvt Ltd
BencolicBennet Pharmaceuticals Limited
CyclominLancer Health Care Pvt Ltd
CyclominolNoel Pharma India Pvt Ltd
BaraginRidley Life Science Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Dicyclomine
- Take it at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- It may make you sweat less. Avoid doing things that may cause you to overheat such as exercise.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Dicyclomine as it can cause excessive drowsiness and increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Inform your doctor if you experience severe or long-lasting pain in your stomach.