Information about Dicyclomine
Dicyclomine is used in the treatment of Abdominal Pain.
How dicyclomine works
Dicyclomine works by relaxing the muscles in your stomach and gut (intestine). It stops sudden muscle contractions (spasms). In doing this, it relieves cramps, pain, bloating, and discomfort.
Common side effects of dicyclomine
Nausea, Sleepiness, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Dry mouth, Nervousness, Weakness
Available Medicine for Dicyclomine
- ₹9 to ₹38Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14Astron Healthcare1 variant(s)
- ₹27Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹38Biostrass Health Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Noel Pharma India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4Lancer Health Care Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30Divine Lifecare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Montana Remedies1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dicyclomine
- This medication may impair your thinking or alertness. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Dicyclomine can decrease your sweating, which can lead to heat stroke in a hot environment.
- Avoid taking alcohol as it can increase certain side effects of dicyclomine.
- Stop using dicyclomine and call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects such as confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior, fast or uneven heart rate, or if you urinate less than usual or not at all.
Frequently asked questions for Dicyclomine
Q. Is Dicyclomine safe?
Dicyclomine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Dicyclomine gluten free?
Dicyclomine active drug does not contain gluten. Read the label instruction of the brands your doctor prescribes you, for gluten content
Q. Is Dicyclomine an over-the-counter medicine?
Dicyclomine is available over-the-counter. However, always consult your doctor before taking dicyclomine for your disease
Q. Does dicyclomine help nausea?
Dicyclomine is not known to relieve nausea. Nausea is a common side effect of dicyclomine.
Q. Does dicyclomine help constipation or trigger constipation?
Dicyclomine may cause constipation
Q. Is dicyclomine an opiate/steroid/antacid/NSAID/benzodiazepine?
Dicyclomine is not an opiate, steroid, or an antacid. It is neither a NSAID not a benzodiazepine
Q. Is dicyclomine a muscle relaxer?
Yes, dicyclomine is a smooth muscle relaxant. It has a direct effect on muscles of the stomach and intestine. It does not relax the skeletal/voluntary muscles
Q. Can I take dicyclomine for diarrhea?
Dicyclomine has no known effects in treating diarrhea
Q. Can I take dicyclomine for menstrual cramps?
Dicyclomine mainly acts on the smooth muscles of the intestine. Hence, it is used to relieve cramps or spasms of the stomach and intestines (gut). It is not known whether it can be used for menstrual cramps
Q. Does dicyclomine cause constipation?
Dicyclomine may cause constipation
Q. Does dicyclomine make you drowsy?
Dicyclomine may cause drowsiness and make you feel sleepy
Q. Does dicyclomine cause hair loss?
Dicyclomine does not have hair loss as a known side-effect
Q. Can I take dicyclomine with Advil (ibuprofen)/ amoxicillin/ Pepto (bismuth subsalicylate)/ tramadol/ Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone)/ oxycodone/ Tylenol (paracetamol)?
There are no known serious drug interactions between dicyclomine and Advil (ibuprofen)/ amoxicillin/ Pepto (bismuth subsalicylate)/ Tramadol/ Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone)/ oxycodone/ Tylenol (paracetamol). Dicyclomine is often available in combination with pain killers like paracetamol Consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on dicyclomine.