Diacerein + Glucosamine
Information about Diacerein + Glucosamine
Diacerein + glucosamine uses
Diacerein+Glucosamine is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
How diacerein + glucosamine works
This is a combination of two medicines: Diacerein and Glucosamine, which relieves osteoarthritis symptoms. It helps in the formation of cartilage (the soft tissue that cushions the joints) and keep the joints lubricated for better movement and flexibility.
Common side effects of diacerein + glucosamine
Nausea, Diarrhea, Constipation, Urine discolouration, Heartburn
Available Medicine for Diacerein + Glucosamine
- ₹292Pharmed Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹204Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹172Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹241 to ₹397Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹271Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹98Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹150Pulse Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹63Psychotropics India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹146Ordain Health Care Global Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹165Algen Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Diacerein + Glucosamine
- Diacerein + Glucosamine helps in relieving symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- It may take several weeks to see treatment benefits. Keep taking the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- It may increase your blood sugar level. If you are diabetic, monitor your levels regularly.
- Side effects such as Nausea, Diarrhoea, abdominal pain, and indigestion may occur with Diacerein + Glucosamine. These may not be with everyone. Any of the side effects other than those mentioned above if occur, do consult the treating physician.
- Let your doctor know if your symptoms do not improve even after two to three months of taking the medication.
Frequently asked questions for Diacerein + Glucosamine
Diacerein + Glucosamine
Q. Is it safe to take Diacerein+Glucosamine if I have diabetes?
Some early researches suggest that the presence of glucosamine in this drug might worsen insulin resistance which can lead to an increase in blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. So, it is important that you inform your doctor if have diabetes. But now, according to recent studies it has been seen that even though glucosamine is a type of sugar, it does not appear to affect blood sugar levels or insulin sensitivity. However, it is advised to consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q. How long will Diacerein+Glucosamine take to show an effect?
You may need to take Diacerein+Glucosamine for four to six weeks before you notice any improvement. If your symptoms do not improve by that time, then it is advisable for you to talk to your doctor about other ways of managing your arthritis.
Q. Are there any special precautions that need to be taken while taking Diacerein+Glucosamine?
Yes, people taking blood-thinning medicines, such as warfarin, should talk to their doctor before taking Diacerein+Glucosamine as it may increase the risk of bleeding.
Q. Does the use of Diacerein+Glucosamine increase the chances of developing glaucoma?
According to some recent studies, it has been found that using Diacerein+Glucosamine has been linked with increased ocular pressure (IOP) in patients with a history of ocular hypertension. This is due to the presence of glucosamine in this medicine. However, it is advised to consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Diacerein+Glucosamine?
Keep this medicine in the packet or the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.