Information about Diacerein
Diacerein is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
How Diacerein works
Diacerein is a proteoglycan synthesis stimulator. It works by building cartilage (soft connective tissue around the joints) leading to joint repair. It also lowers pain and inflammation (swelling).
Common side effects of Diacerein
Diarrhea, Urine discoloration, Rash, Eczema, Itching
Available Medicine for Diacerein
DycerinIntegrace Pvt Ltd
HilinDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
EltrodarElder Pharmaceuticals Ltd
AncerinAnthus Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
CartishineSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
JoincerinTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Diacerein
- Diacerein helps relieve the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Exercise to strengthen muscles around the affected joint and manage your weight along with taking this medication.
- It may take several weeks to see treatment benefits. Keep taking the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- It may increase your blood sugar level. If you are diabetic, monitor your levels regularly.
- Do not take Diacerein if you are suffering from diarrhea or are above 60 years of age.
- Let your doctor know if your symptoms do not improve even after two to three months of taking the medication.