Information about Diacerein
Diacerein is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis of knee and hip joints.
How diacerein works
Diacerein blocks the chemicals that cause inflammation and pain. It builds cartilage (the hard connective tissue in the bones near the joints) in the body.
Common side effects of diacerein
Nausea, Abdominal cramp, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Diacerein
- ₹87 to ₹182Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹101Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹91Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹98Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹79Pulse Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹81 to ₹500Pacific Drugs & Chemicals3 variant(s)
- ₹116Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹73Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹56Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹84 to ₹125Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Diacerein
- Do not take diacerein, if you are allergic to diacerein or any of the other ingredient.
- Consult your doctor before using diacerein, if you have a history of any kidney problems; liver disease; chronic inflammatory conditions of the gut; or any dehydration problems.
- Avoid using diacerein, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Diacerein
Q. What is diacerein used for?
Diacerein is used for treating swelling and pain in the joints due to osteoarthritis
Q. How does diacerein work?
Diacerein belongs to a class of medication call anthraquinones. It acts by blocking chemicals which cause inflammation and destruction of cartilage in the body
Q. Is diacerein safe?
Diacerein is safe when taken for an indication and at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor
Q. Is diacerein a steroid or painkiller?
Diacerein is not a steroid or pain killer
Q. What is diacerein with a glucosamine tab?
Diacerein is sometimes sold in combination with glucosamine for treating symptoms of osteoarthritis.