Dexamethasone + Gatifloxacin
Information about Dexamethasone + Gatifloxacin
Dexamethasone + Gatifloxacin Uses
Dexamethasone+Gatifloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial eye infections.
How Dexamethasone + Gatifloxacin works
Dexamethasone + Gatifloxacin is a combination of two medicines: Dexamethasone and Gatifloxacin. Dexamethasone is a steroid which blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the eye red swollen and itchy. Gatifloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria in the eye by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of Dexamethasone + Gatifloxacin
Eye irritation, Watery eyes, Burning sensation
Available Medicine for Dexamethasone + Gatifloxacin
Gatilox DMSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Gflotas DIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Gate DMAjanta Pharma Ltd
Engatt DXEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Microgat-DXMicro Labs Ltd
Leegenta DMLeeford Healthcare Ltd
Gentijet DXSyncom Formulations I Limited
Getoli DZee Laboratories
Tiflow DAhlcon Parenterals India Limited
Zengat DKlar Sehen Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Dexamethasone + Gatifloxacin
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, remove them before putting in these eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Dexamethasone + Gatifloxacin might cause blurring of vision. Do not drive or operate machinery until you know how the medicine affects you.
- It is advisable to reduce screen time (by avoiding watching tv, or phone) and use sunglasses while going out into the sunlight.