Information about Dehydroemetine
Dehydroemetine is used in the treatment of parasitic worm infections.
How dehydroemetine works
Dehydroemetine belongs to class of drugs known as antiprotozoal agent. It acts by preventing the growth of infection causing microorganisms.
Common side effects of dehydroemetine
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Dizziness, Fever, Abdominal pain, Hair loss, Vertigo
Available Medicine for Dehydroemetine
- ₹25 to ₹49Tablets India Limited2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dehydroemetine
- Caution is to be exercised by patients with kidney and heart diseases
- You should discontinue the use of dehydroemetine after delivery, as it may harm the baby.
- Heart rate and blood pressure should be carefully monitored during treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid if allergic to dehydroemetine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if Patients is suffering from known heart disease, kidney problems or neuromuscular disease should avoid dehydroemetine treatment.