Dehydroemetine is used in the treatment of parasitic worm infections
How it works
Dehydroemetine belongs to class of drugs known as antiprotozoal agent. It acts by preventing the growth of infection causing microorganisms.
Common side effects
Vomiting, Headache, Abnormal liver function tests, Dizziness, Fever, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Vertigo
- 2 variant(s)
- Caution is to be exercised by patients with kidney and heart diseases
- You should discontinue the use of dehydroemetine after delivery, as it may harm the baby.
- Heart rate and blood pressure should be carefully monitored during treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid if allergic to dehydroemetine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if Patients is suffering from known heart disease, kidney problems or neuromuscular disease should avoid dehydroemetine treatment.