Information about Dehydroemetine
Dehydroemetine is used in the treatment of worm infections.
How dehydroemetine works
Dehydroemetine belongs to class of drugs known as antiprotozoal agent. It acts by preventing the growth of infection causing microorganisms.
Common side effects of dehydroemetine
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Dizziness, Fever, Abdominal pain, Hair loss, Vertigo
Available Medicine for Dehydroemetine
- ₹25 to ₹49Tablets India Limited2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dehydroemetine
- You have been prescribed Dehydroemetine to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Dehydroemetine.
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.