Deglycyrrhized Liquorice is used for the treatment and prevention of recurrent peptic and duodenal ulcers (defects in the lining of the stomach or duodenum), heartburn and colic. It also inhibits the activity of Helicobacter pylori, a bacterium infecting stomach lining. It is even used in treatment of symptoms of eczema (type of itchy skin rash).
How it works
Deglycyrrhized Liquorice is a herbal supplement which belongs to a class of drugs called anti-ulcerants. It inhibits several inflammatory enzymes and decreases the production of several potent inflammatory compounds thereby preventing the infection and relieving the associated symptoms.
Common side effects
Fluid retention, Headache, Tachycardia, Weight gain
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Always take Deglycyrrhized Liquorice before a meal.
- Consult your doctor if you have history of high blood pressure, heart disorders or if you are taking any diuretic (water pills), corticosteroids or any other medications to reduce potassium levels in the body.
- Consult your doctor if your symptoms of peptic ulcer persist or worsen.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to Deglycyrrhized Liquorice or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with kidney disease, heart disease and hormone-sensitive conditions such as breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, endometriosis (a disorder in which the tissue that forms the lining of your uterus grows outside of your uterine cavity), or uterine fibroids (very common non-cancerous (benign) growths that develop in the muscular wall of the uterus).