Information about Darbepoetin alfa
Darbepoetin alfa uses
Darbepoetin alfa is used in the treatment of anemia due to chronic kidney disease and anemia due to chemotherapy.
How darbepoetin alfa works
Darbepoetin alfa is an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA). It works by stimulating the bone marrow (soft tissue inside the bones which produces red blood cells) to produce more red blood cells.
Common side effects of darbepoetin alfa
Increased blood pressure, Hypersensitivity
Available Medicine for Darbepoetin alfa
- ₹1599 to ₹4900Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹1523 to ₹4900Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹5690 to ₹10570Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1558 to ₹2168Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1500 to ₹10250Cipla Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹1525 to ₹3945Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1800 to ₹2241LG Lifesciences2 variant(s)
- ₹2150Biocon1 variant(s)
- ₹1850 to ₹2450Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1513 to ₹2171Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Darbepoetin alfa
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a history of blood disorders, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, seizures, or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you experience chest pain, breathing problems, sudden/severe headache, or difficulty with vision, speech, or walking.
- Requires regular BP monitoring.
- Requires weekly haemoglobin(Hb) level monitoring when treatment starts and monthly thereafter. Hb level should not exceed 1 g/dL in any 14-day span.
- Do not discontinue treatment without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.
Frequently asked questions for Darbepoetin alfa
Q. What is darbepoetin alfa used for?
Darbepoetin alpha is used to treat anemia associated with chronic kidney failure in adults and pediatric patients, and symptomatic anemia in adult cancer patients receiving chemotherapy and anemia
Q. How does darbepoetin alfa work?
Darbepoetin alfa works by stimulating bone marrow to produce more red blood cells thereby helps in reducing the symptoms of anemia.