Information about Darbepoetin alfa
Darbepoetin alfa Uses
How Darbepoetin alfa works
Darbepoetin alfa is an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA). It works by stimulating the bone marrow (soft tissue inside the bones which produces red blood cells) to produce more red blood cells.
Common side effects of Darbepoetin alfa
High blood pressure, Hypersensitivity
Available Medicine for Darbepoetin alfa
₹1523 to ₹49003 variant(s)
CrespDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹1749 to ₹264255 variant(s)
Cresp OncoDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹5690 to ₹105702 variant(s)
KabidarbaFresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd
₹1589 to ₹22792 variant(s)
DarbelifeHetero Drugs Ltd
₹1520 to ₹104503 variant(s)
₹1800 to ₹23502 variant(s)
₹1650 to ₹102505 variant(s)
DarbecureEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹1558 to ₹23822 variant(s)
₹1850 to ₹44553 variant(s)
DarbosisMicro Labs Ltd
Expert advice for Darbepoetin alfa
- Darbepoetin alfa helps in the treatment of anemia that may have occurred due to chronic kidney disease or cancer chemotherapy.
- It is given as a single injection under your skin.
- Your doctor may get your blood tests done regularly to monitor the levels of hemoglobin, blood cells and electrolytes such as potassium in your blood.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe headache, problems with your eyesight, nausea, vomiting or fits (seizures).
- Stop taking Darbepoetin alfa and inform your doctor if you develop shortness of breath or skin rash.