Information about Darbepoetin Alfa
Darbepoetin alfa uses
Darbepoetin Alfa is used in the treatment of Anemia, Anemia due to chemotherapy and Anemia due to chronic kidney disease.
How darbepoetin alfa works
Darbepoetin alfa is an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA). It works by stimulating the bone marrow (soft tissue inside the bones which produces red blood cells) to produce more red blood cells.
Common side effects of darbepoetin alfa
Rash, Injection site pain, Pulmonary thromboembolism, Arterial thromboembolism (blood clot in artery), Edema, Increased blood pressure, Hypersensitivity
Available Medicine for Darbepoetin Alfa
- ₹1599 to ₹4900Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹1523 to ₹4900Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹5690 to ₹9706Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1558 to ₹2168Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1500 to ₹10250Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1525 to ₹3945Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1800 to ₹2241LG Lifesciences2 variant(s)
- ₹2150Biocon1 variant(s)
- ₹1850 to ₹2312Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1513 to ₹2171Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Darbepoetin Alfa
• Tell your doctor if you experience unusual fatigue, shortness of breath, severe headache drowsiness, confusion, problems with eyesight, nausea vomiting or fits as it indicates that you have high blood pressure.
• Consult your physician if you have high blood pressure, sickle cell anemia, liver diseases, hepatitis C, fits or any allergy to latex.
• Use the lowest dose sufficient to reduce the need for red blood cell (RBC) transfusions.
• You will be regularly monitored for hemoglobin levels, as very high hemoglobin may increase the risk of heart or blood vessel disorders.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to darbepoetin alfa or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patient who have had pure red cell aplasia (PRCA, a type of anemia) with the use of darbepoetin alfa.
• Should not be given to patients who have poorly controlled high blood pressure despite medication.
Frequently asked questions for Darbepoetin Alfa
Q. What is darbepoetin alfa non-ESRD?
Darbepoetin alfa is protein, it is similar to human erythropoietin. Darbepoetin alfa can be used for anemia in end stage renal disease (ERSD) which is the last stage of chronic kidney disease
Q. What is darbepoetin alfa used for?
Darbepoetin alpha is used to treat anemia associated with chronic kidney failure in adults and pediatric patients, and symptomatic anemia in adult cancer patients receiving chemotherapy and anemia
Q. How does darbepoetin alfa work?
Darbepoetin alfa works by stimulating bone marrow to produce more red blood cells thereby helps in reducing the symptoms of anemia.