Information about Dapagliflozin
Dapagliflozin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How dapagliflozin works
Dapagliflozin is a sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors. It works in type 2 diabetes by increasing the amount of glucose that gets passed out in the urine.
Common side effects of dapagliflozin
Nausea, Frequent urge to urinate, Increased thirst, Urinary tract infection, Hypoglycaemia (Low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea, Genital fungal infection
Available Medicine for Dapagliflozin
- ₹630 to ₹1329Astra Zeneca4 variant(s)
- ₹573 to ₹1210Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dapagliflozin
- Can cause very low blood sugar levels when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal. Get blood sugar levels checked at regular intervals and always keep a source of sugar with you for quick relief.
- It can cause dehydration (the loss of too much body water) which may cause you to feel dizzy, faint, lightheaded, or weak, especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension).
- Dapagliflozin may cause fungal infections of the vagina. Inform your doctor if you get the vaginal odour, white or yellowish vaginal discharge or vaginal itching.
- Dapagliflozin may cause a fungal infection of the penis. Inform your doctor if you get redness, itching, or swelling of the penis; rash on the penis; foul-smelling discharge from the penis; or pain in the skin around the penis.
- Dapagliflozin may cause urinary tract infection. Inform your doctor if you get burning sensation when passing urine, pain in the pelvis, or mid back pain, or increased need to urinate.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with the kidney disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Dapagliflozin
Q. How long does Dapagliflozin take to work?
Dapagliflozin works 2 hour after its administration wherein it reaches peak concentration.