Information about Dapagliflozin
Dapagliflozin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How dapagliflozin works
Dapagliflozin increases the loss of sugar through the kidneys.
Common side effects of dapagliflozin
Nausea, Frequent urge to urinate, Increased thirst, Urinary tract infection, Hypoglycaemia (Low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea, Genital fungal infection.
Available Medicine for Dapagliflozin
- ₹630 to ₹1329Astra Zeneca4 variant(s)
- ₹573 to ₹1210Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dapagliflozin
- Drink plenty of water and stay well hydrated.
- Notify your doctor right away if you have nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, tiredness, or trouble breathing.This could be due to ketoacidosis (increased ketones in your blood or urine).
- Notify your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant.
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Dapagliflozin does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for Dapagliflozin
Q. How long does dapagliflozin take to work?
Dapagliflozin works 2 hour after its administration wherein it reaches peak concentration.