Dapagliflozin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How it works
Dapagliflozin increases the loss of sugar through the kidney.
Common side effects
Frequent urge to urinate, Dizziness, Fall in blood sugar level, Urinary tract infection
- Drink plenty of water and stay well hydrated.
- Notify your doctor right away if you have nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, tiredness, or trouble breathing.This could be due to ketoacidosis (increased ketones in your blood or urine).
- Notify your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant.
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Dapagliflozin does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions
Q.How long does dapagliflozin take to work?
Dapagliflozin works 2 hour after its administration wherein it reaches peak concentration.