Information about Danazol
How danazol works
Danazol modulates the action of certain female hormones in the body.
Common side effects of danazol
Headache, Hoarseness of voice, Increased hair growth, Edema (swelling), Breast size decreased, Weight gain, Acne, Hot flushes, Altered libido, Oily skin, Muscle cramp
Available Medicine for Danazol
- ₹140 to ₹584Cipla Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹124 to ₹1884Win-Medicare Pvt Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹116 to ₹420Serum Institute Of India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹118 to ₹406Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹177 to ₹296United Biotech Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹87 to ₹328Ar-Ex Laboratories Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹81 to ₹260Sanzyme Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹98 to ₹292Sanofi India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹234 to ₹395Ikon Remedies Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹103 to ₹545Asterisk Laboratories India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Danazol
- Danazol helps treat endometriosis and heavy or painful periods.
- It may also be used to relieve severe breast pain and tenderness in benign fibrocystic breast disease.
- Use effective measures to avoid pregnancy during treatment with this medicine as it can be harmful to an unborn baby.
- Do not drink alcohol during treatment with this medicine as it can make you feel sick or short of breath.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms such as hair loss, marked increase in facial or body hair, voice change, altered vision, severe headache and vomiting, stabbing pains and/or unusual swelling in one leg, sudden breathlessness or sudden chest pain, while taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your liver function and blood cell counts. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
Frequently asked questions for Danazol
Q. What is Danazol and what is it used for?
Danazol is a medicine that lowers the amount of some hormones (gonadotropins) in your body. It is used in the treatment of endometriosis, a painful disorder in which the tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus grows outside your uterus. It is also helpful in treating conditions like painful or heavy periods, painful breast disease and enlarged breast.
Q. How and in what dose should I take Danazol?
Take this medicine, as per the advice of your doctor. The dose and duration depend on your exact medical condition. However, it is recommended to take it at the same time each day, to ensure a consistent level of medicine in your body.
Q. What if I forget to take Danazol?
If you miss a dose, you should take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, do not take the missed dose but simply continue the usual dosing schedule. However, never take a double dose to make up for the forgotten one.
Q. What are the possible side effects of using Danazol?
The common side effects associated with Danazol are weight gain, hair loss, acne, visual disturbances, irregular periods, nausea, feeling tired and mood changes. If any of these side effects bother you, consult with your doctor.