Information about Daclizumab
Daclizumab is used in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS).
How Daclizumab works
Daclizumab works by blocking the function of T-cell, a type of white blood which prevent the body’s immune system from damaging your brain and spinal cord. This helps to reduce the disability due to these disorders.
Common side effects of Daclizumab
Upper respiratory tract infection
Expert advice for Daclizumab
- Daclizumab is given as an injection under the skin by the healthcare provider only.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- It reduces the body’s ability to fight with infection. Take caution or inform the doctor if experience respiratory tract infection.
- Inform your doctor if you experience suicidal thoughts or unusual changes in behavior or mood.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.