Information about Colchicine
Colchicine is used to prevent gout.
How colchicine works
Colchicine reduces inflammation which causes pain, swelling and other symptoms of gout.
Common side effects of colchicine
Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Colchicine
- ₹31Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹31Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹10Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Colchicine
- Do not start or continue colchicine and consult your doctor, if you are allergic to colchicine.
- Consult doctor if you have serious nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or if you have tingling in your fingers or toe.
- Consult your doctor before taking colchicine, if you feel exhausted and worn out.
- Consult your doctor, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Colchicine
Q. Is Colchicine/ Colcrys a NSAID or steroid or narcotic or blood thinner?
No, Colchicine is an alkaloid prepared from natural sources
Q. How long can I take Colchicine for?
Don’t stop your medication abruptly. Consult your doctor before stopping any medicine, and never attempt to do it on your own
Q. Can I take colchicine with paracetamol or allopurinol or indomethacin or febuxostat or tramadol or diclofenac or naproxen or prednisone or warfarin?
No results have been found for any interaction of colchicine with these medicines, but please consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q. Does Colchicine expire?
Yes. It has an expiry. Do not take Colchicine after the expiry date which is stated on the label. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month
Q. Does Colchicine cause weight loss?
Colchicine is known to cause weight loss. If you experience such side effects, always consult your doctor
Q. Does Colchicine cause hair loss?
Yes, hair loss is one of it’s side effect
Q. Does Colchicine raise blood sugar?
Colchicine may affect your blood sugar level. If you are a patient suffering from diabetes, take Colchicine as recommended by your doctor
Q. Does Colchicine cause liver damage?
Colchicine very cause liver damage, but on high dose it may cause liver damage.