Information about Clomiphene/Clomifene
Clomiphene/Clomifene is used in the treatment of female infertility. It works well for women who cannot get pregnant due to the problem with ovulation (release of an egg).
How clomiphene/clomifene works
Clomiphene/Clomifene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) which treats female infertility. It works by promoting the release of reproductive hormones. This helps stimulate the release of eggs from the ovary (ovulation).
Common side effects of clomiphene/clomifene
Nausea, Vomiting, Bloating, Headache, Enlarged Ovary, Hot flushes, Intermenstrual bleeding, Breast discomfort
Available Medicine for Clomiphene/Clomifene
- ₹66 to ₹218Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹156Serum Institute Of India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹92Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹951Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹133Sanzyme Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹375Dabur India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹81Ar-Ex Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹169Ar-Ex Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹53Triton Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹215Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clomiphene/Clomifene
- Clomiphene/Clomifene works well for women who cannot get pregnant because they are not ovulating or have a condition called polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Take it exactly as your doctor prescribed. Timing of the doses is very important for its success.
- It should not be be used for very long. Talk to your doctor if you have used this medicine 3 times with no success.
- It may cause problems with your eyesight. Be cautious before driving or using machines.
Frequently asked questions for Clomiphene/Clomifene
Q. What is the Clomiphene/Clomifene used for?
Clomiphene/Clomifene is used in some women who are unable to become pregnant, due to problem with ovulation (release of an egg) or have a condition called polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Q. How and in what dose should I take Clomiphene/Clomifene?
For best results, take Clomiphene/Clomifene strictly as per the advice of your doctor. The number of doses you take each day, and the duration for which you take the medicine depends on the medical problem being treated.
Q. After how many days of Clomiphene/Clomifene intake should I have sex to get pregnant?
It is ideal to have sex after 5-10 days of taking Clomiphene/Clomifene. However, your doctor may examine you regularly during the treatment and suggest you the best possible days.
Q. For how many cycles can I take Clomiphene/Clomifene?
Your treatment with Clomiphene/Clomifene may be repeated by the doctor until you get pregnant. However, the treatment can be repeated only for up to 4 menstrual cycles.
Q. What are the common side effects of using Clomiphene/Clomifene?
The most common side effects associated with Clomiphene/Clomifene are hot flushes (red and warm face), stomach discomfort, and breast pain. Most of these symptoms are temporary. However, if they persist, check with your doctor as soon as possible.
Q. Can I take Clomiphene/Clomifene without a doctor’s prescription?
No, Clomiphene/Clomifene is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold without a doctor’s prescription
Q. Can I take Clomiphene/Clomifene if I have an ovarian cyst?
No, Clomiphene/Clomifene should not be taken, if there is a cyst in the ovary. Please consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take Clomiphene/Clomifene with metformin?
Clomiphene/Clomifene can be taken with metformin, only if advised by your doctor.