Information about Clobetasone Topical
Clobetasone topical uses
Clobetasone Topical is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
How clobetasone topical works
Clobetasone topical is a topical corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by reducing redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
Common side effects of clobetasone topical
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis
Available Medicine for Clobetasone Topical
- ₹62Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Gary Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clobetasone Topical
- Do not use clobetasone ointment/cream if you have chronic leg ulcers, psoriasis (red, itchy, scaly patches).
- Do not apply clobetasone cream near the eyes to avoid the risk of glaucoma (raised pressure inside eyes) or cataract (cloudiness of lens in eye) on repeated exposure to eyes.
- Do not apply the clobetasone topical solution on broken and infected skin, acne (pimples), flushed skin around the nose (rosacea), and itchy skin due to allergy (pruritus).
- If advised by your doctor to be used during breastfeeding, topical clobetasone should be wiped off thoroughly from the breasts prior to breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to clobetasone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have untreated skin infections, rosacea (severe flushing of skin on and around the nose), acne (pimples), and itching of skin (pruritus) without inflammation.
Frequently asked questions for Clobetasone Topical
Q. Is clobetasone/clobetasone butyrate a steroid?
Yes, clobetasone/clobetasone butyrate is a topical steroid
Q. What is clobetasone and white soft paraffin (wsp) used for?
Clobetasone along with other ingredients (excipients) such as liquid paraffin (wsp) is used to treat inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis
Q. Is clobetasol and clobetasone the same?
Both clobetasol and clobetasone are topical steroid but their effect may vary upon individual conditions or response.