Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid
Information about Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid
Clobetasol + fusidic acid uses
Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid is used in the treatment of skin infections.
How clobetasol + fusidic acid works
This is a combination of two medicines: Clobetasol and Fusidic Acid, which treats skin infections. Clobetasol is a steroid medicine. It blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Fusidic Acid is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by the bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of clobetasol + fusidic acid
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness), Thinning of skin
Available Medicine for Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid
- ₹178 to ₹303Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP2 variant(s)
- ₹120KLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹130Glowderma Labs Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹107Gary Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹180Surecare Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹130Monichem Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹115Ikon Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹115Dermont Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹141Dermarex HealthCare India Pvt. Ltd.1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid
- Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid helps treat inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis that are also infected by bacteria.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- It may cause minor burning, stinging, or irritation when applied. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose or mouth. Rinse it off with water if you accidentally get the cream in these areas.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after two weeks of treatment.
- Do not use it for longer than prescribed as prolonged or repeated use can cause the skin to become over-sensitive to the medicine and may also result in the bacteria becoming resistant to the antibiotic.
Frequently asked questions for Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid
Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid
Q. How to use Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid?
Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid should be used as advised by the doctor or as per the instructions on the label of the medicine. Apply a thin layer of Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid to cover the affected areas. The dose would depend on the condition for which it is prescribed. Wash your hands after using Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid, unless it is used for treating infection of the hands. Avoid any contact with the eyes.
Q. What precautions should be taken while using Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid?
Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid should not be used on the face and contact with eyes should be avoided. Do not apply a bandage or dressing to the area being treated, as this will increase absorption of the medicine and increase the risk of side effects. This medicine should only be used for the condition it is prescribed for. Do not use it for any other condition without consulting your doctor. Do not give it to other people even if their condition appears to be the same.
Q. Can I stop using Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid when my symptoms are relieved?
No, do not stop using Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid until advised by your doctor. Complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. What would happen if I use a higher than the recommended dose of Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid for long periods?
The dosage and duration of using Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid should be strictly according to the doctor’s advice. Using it in higher doses and for longer periods can cause a change in the color of skin at the site of application. Veins under the skin become visible because of thinning and weakening of the skin. There could be an increased hair growth. The medicine may get absorbed into the blood circulation and can cause weight gain, high blood pressure and rounding of the face. If you experience an increased severity of your symptoms, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What are the contraindications associated with the use of Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid?
Use of Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid is considered to be harmful for patients with known allergy to any of the components or excipients of this medicine. Its use should be avoided in case of any fungal infections (ringworm or athlete's foot) or viral infections (herpes or chickenpox). It should also be avoided in treating conditions like acne or rosacea. Consult your doctor before using it for any condition.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid?
Keep this medicine in the packet or the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.