Information about Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid
Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid Uses
Clobetasol+Fusidic Acid is used in the treatment of skin infections.
How Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid works
Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Clobetasol and Fusidic Acid, which treats skin infections. Clobetasol is a steroid medicine. It blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Fusidic Acid is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by the bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness), Thinning of skin
Available Medicine for Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid
Clonate-FHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
₹189 to ₹3192 variant(s)
Niosol-FKLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Tezcort FGlowderma Labs Pvt Ltd
Clobiderm-FGary Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Carebet-GSurecare Pharma Pvt Ltd
Clopinate FMonichem Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Eczinil-FDermont Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Fusibacterium CPMRHM Pharma Pvt Ltd
Clolite-FLa Med India
Clobetagen FAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid
- Clobetasol + Fusidic Acid helps treat inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis that are also infected by bacteria.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- It may cause minor burning, stinging, or irritation when applied. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose or mouth. Rinse it off with water if you accidentally get the cream in these areas.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after two weeks of treatment.
- Do not use it for longer than prescribed as prolonged or repeated use can cause the skin to become over-sensitive to the medicine and may also result in the bacteria becoming resistant to the antibiotic.