Clemastine is used in the treatment of allergic disorders
How it works
Clemastine blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects
Coordination impaired, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sedation, Thickened respiratory tract secretions
- ₹67 to ₹82Wanbury Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹61Novartis India Ltd2 variant(s)
- Use clemastine with caution if you have narrow-angle glaucoma, peptic ulcer pyloro-duodenal obstruction, prostatic hypertrophy with urinary retention and bladder neck obstruction.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any serious allergic reaction.
- Caution should be exercised in children who are taking clemastine due to the risk of excitability.
- Do not take clemastine if you have rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactose deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as clemastine may cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol as clemastine may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.