Ciprofloxacin + Tinidazole
Information about Ciprofloxacin + Tinidazole
Ciprofloxacin + tinidazole uses
Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole is used for bacterial & parasitic infections. It is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal infections such as acute diarrhea or dysentery, gynecological infections, lung infections and urinary infections.
How ciprofloxacin + tinidazole works
This is a combination of two antibiotics: Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole. Ciprofloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Tinidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of ciprofloxacin + tinidazole
Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach pain, Dryness in mouth, Metallic taste, Headache
Available Medicine for Ciprofloxacin + Tinidazole
- ₹117Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹107Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹42Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹42Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹76Mapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹110Helios Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹57Aglowmed Drugs Pvt. Ltd.3 variant(s)
- ₹60Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ciprofloxacin + Tinidazole
- Your doctor has prescribed this combination medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Diarrhea can cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to help rehydrate you.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Ciprofloxacin + Tinidazole if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Ciprofloxacin + Tinidazole as it may irritate your stomach and also cause excessive drowsiness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Ciprofloxacin + Tinidazole
Ciprofloxacin + Tinidazole
Q. What is Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole?
Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole is a combination of two medicines: Tinidazole and Ciprofloxacin. They work by killing the harmful microorganisms that can cause infection. Together they help to treat the infection more effectively.
Q. Is it safe to use Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole?
Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole is safe for most of the patients. However, in some patients it may cause common side effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness, headache, dryness in the mouth, metallic taste, heartburn and other uncommon or rare side effects. If you experience any problem due to the medication, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Q. Can I take a higher than the recommended dose of Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole?
No, taking a higher than the recommended dose of Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole can increase the risks of side effects. Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole takes time to show its full effect and treat your infection. If you are experiencing increased severity of diarrhea which is not relieved by the recommended doses, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What is the storage condition for the Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.
Q. Can the use of Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole cause metallic taste?
Yes, Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole can cause a temporary metallic taste. This metallic taste can be reduced by chewing sugar-free gum or mints, brushing teeth after the meals and by staying hydrated.
Q. Are there any specific contraindications associated with the use of Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole?
The use of Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole is considered to be harmful in patients with known allergy to ciprofloxacin or tinidazole or any other excipient present in the medication. It should preferably be avoided in patients with a history of any inflammation of the tendons (tendinitis), or tendon rupture seen with the use of ciprofloxacin or any other medicine which belongs to the same group (quinolone group) of antimicrobial agents.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole and complete the full course of treatment even if you are feeling better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. What if I miss my dose?
Take Ciprofloxacin+Tinidazole as soon as you remember it. However, do not take it if it's almost time for your next dose. Also, do not take an extra dose to make up for your missed dose.