Ciprofloxacin + Ornidazole
Information about Ciprofloxacin + Ornidazole
Ciprofloxacin + ornidazole uses
Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial & parasitic infections. It is used to treat diarrhoea, gynaecological and pelvic infections. It also helps treat mixed infections of teeth and gums.
How ciprofloxacin + ornidazole works
This is a combination of two antibiotics: Ciprofloxacin and Ornidazole. Ciprofloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Ornidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of ciprofloxacin + ornidazole
Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach pain, Loss of appetite, Dizziness, Headache, Dryness in mouth
Available Medicine for Ciprofloxacin + Ornidazole
- ₹130Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹77FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹77Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹75Oxford Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹56Mac Millon Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹52Kanad Labs1 variant(s)
- ₹90Pifer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69Donnel Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹75Sarb Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ciprofloxacin + Ornidazole
- Your doctor has prescribed this combination medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Diarrhea can cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to help rehydrate you.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Ciprofloxacin + Ornidazole if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Ciprofloxacin + Ornidazole as it may irritate your stomach and also cause excessive drowsiness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Ciprofloxacin + Ornidazole
Ciprofloxacin + Ornidazole
Q. What is Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole used for?
Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole is used to treat patients with bacterial infections such as pneumonia, syphilis, gonorrhea, bronchitis, and gastroenteritis. It is also indicated for mixed infections related to the oral cavity or teeth.
Q. What foods should be avoided while taking Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole?
Do not take Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole with dairy products such as milk, yogurt or with calcium-fortified juice. You may eat or drink these products as a part of a regular meal, but do not use them alone while consuming this medicine. It could make the effect of medicine less effective.
Q. Can I take Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole while I am pregnant?
No, the use of Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole is avoided in pregnant women, as it may harm the fetus.
Q. Can Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole be taken on an empty stomach?
Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole can be taken either with food or an empty stomach. Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medicine and avoid dairy products. Do not take antacids and supplements that contain calcium, magnesium, aluminum, iron or multivitamins along with the medicine.
Q. Are there any specific conditions in which Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole should not be taken?
The use of Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole should be avoided in patients with known allergy to any of the components or excipients of this medicine.
Q. Can I drive while taking Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole?
The use of Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole may lead to dizziness, tremor, rigidity, poor coordination, seizures or temporary loss of consciousness. Therefore, it is advised not to drive or operate any machinery.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole and complete the full course of treatment even if you are feeling better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. What if I miss my dose?
Take Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole as soon as you remember it. However, do not take it if it's almost time for your next dose. Also, do not take an extra dose to make up for your missed dose.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Ciprofloxacin+Ornidazole?
Keep this medicine in the packet or the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.