Cilnidipine + Telmisartan
Information about Cilnidipine + Telmisartan
Cilnidipine + telmisartan uses
Cilnidipine+Telmisartan is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How cilnidipine + telmisartan works
This is a combination of two medicines: Cilnidipine and Telmisartan, which lowers blood pressure effectively. Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker (CCB) and Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). They work by relaxing the blood vessels and making the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of cilnidipine + telmisartan
Sleepiness, Ankle swelling, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Dizziness, Tiredness, Palpitations, Stomach upset, Increased potassium level in blood
Available Medicine for Cilnidipine + Telmisartan
- ₹112 to ₹160J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹120 to ₹251Eris Lifesciences Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹89Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹194 to ₹319Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹113 to ₹130Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹119Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹111Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹112 to ₹164Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹128Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹93Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cilnidipine + Telmisartan
- Cilnidipine + Telmisartan is a combination of two medicines that provides better blood pressure control than either medicine alone.
- Cilnidipine + Telmisartan may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up. Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may enhance the blood pressure lowering effect of this medicine.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. Raise your legs while you are sitting down and talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- Do not take Cilnidipine + Telmisartan if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Cilnidipine + Telmisartan
Cilnidipine + Telmisartan
Q. What is the rationale behind this combination medicine?
Cilnidipine+Telmisartan is a medicine that contains Telmisartan and Cilnidipine. These two medicines are combined to lower the blood pressure more effectively, thereby lowering the chances of having a stroke or heart attack.
Q. Can I feel dizzy after taking Cilnidipine+Telmisartan?
Yes, the use of Cilnidipine+Telmisartan can make you feel dizzy. This may occur when you suddenly rise up from lying or sitting position. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
Q. Can I use Cilnidipine+Telmisartan in pregnancy?
No, Cilnidipine+Telmisartan should be avoided in pregnancy. Cilnidipine+Telmisartan can cause injury and death to the baby. If you conceive while taking Cilnidipine+Telmisartan, stop using it and contact your doctor immediately. The doctor may suggest other ways to lower blood pressure.
Q. What lifestyle changes should I make while using Cilnidipine+Telmisartan?
Making lifestyle changes can boost your health while taking Cilnidipine+Telmisartan. Stop smoking, as smoking increases your risk of having heart attack and stroke. If you are overweight or obese, try to lose weight. You should maintain a healthy diet by including fruits and vegetables in your meals. Regular exercise can make your heart strong and reduce your risk of heart attack.
Q. How would I know if I have high potassium level?
Your doctor will check your blood potassium levels periodically for high potassium levels. Make sure not to miss any future appointments with the doctor.
Q. Can I stop taking Cilnidipine+Telmisartan if I feel well?
No, keep using Cilnidipine+Telmisartan as advised by your doctor, even if you feel well. Stopping Cilnidipine+Telmisartan suddenly may lead to serious complications such as heart attack and stroke.