Information about Ciclesonide
How ciclesonide works
Ciclesonide is a corticosteroid. It acts by stopping the release of certain natural substances in the body that are responsible for inflammation.
Common side effects of ciclesonide
Throat irritation, Hoarseness of voice, Cough
Available Medicine for Ciclesonide
- ₹173 to ₹275Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹201Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹246Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹266 to ₹359Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹254 to ₹308Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹345Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹221Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ciclesonide
- Ciclesonide ‘dampens down’ inflammation in the lungs to provide long-term (maintenance) treatment of asthma and prevent disease progression.
- Ciclesonide will not work for an ongoing asthma attack. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Learn the correct technique of using metered dose inhalers (MDI) and dry powder inhalers (DPI) to ensure that the right amount of medication reaches your lungs, and side effects are minimized.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take it at the same time every day to prevent asthma attacks.
- Do not open and close the cover unnecessarily as you will lose the medicine.
- Never breathe out into the mouthpiece.
- Only minuscule amounts of Ciclesonide may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects such or weight gain are unlikely.
Frequently asked questions for Ciclesonide
Q. Is Ciclesonide safe?
Ciclesonide is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.