Information about Choline Salicylate
Choline salicylate uses
Choline Salicylate is used in musculo-skeletal pain, dental pain and post operative pain.
How choline salicylate works
Choline salicylate is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of prostaglandin, that causes allergy symptoms and inflammation (swelling and redness).
Common side effects of choline salicylate
Available Medicine for Choline Salicylate
- ₹68 to ₹82Raptakos Brett & Co Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹79McW Healthcare3 variant(s)
- ₹48Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹67West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹55Fitwel Pharmaceuticals Private Limited2 variant(s)
- ₹40Ravenbhel Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹58Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28Palsons Derma1 variant(s)
- ₹35Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Choline Salicylate
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to choline salicylate or any of the ingredients of the gel or oral solution.
- Do not apply choline salicylate to open wounds.
- Do not use the oral gel with children or adolescents who are less than 16 years of age because some studies show a link between salicylate use and Reye’s syndrome (affects the brain, liver and may be fatal).
- Do not put dentures or braces back in the mouth for half an hour after applying the gel in your mouth.
- Consult your doctor before taking choline salicylate: If you are breast-feeding or pregnant.
- Do not smoke while using the drug as it may increase the side effects.
- Consult your doctor if your pain does not improve after using this medication for 7-14 days, or if your symptoms get worse.
- Call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of stomach bleeding such as black, bloody, or tarry stools, or coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Frequently asked questions for Choline Salicylate
Q. What is choline salicylate used for?
Choline salicylate is used in combination with magnesium salicylate as part of anti-pain medication. It is used to relieve pain and discomfort in the mouth caused by ulcers, sores or using dentures. It is also used for relief from pain, swelling and stiffness caused due to arthritis or shoulder problems
Q. What is choline salicylate?
Choline salicylate belongs to a class of medication called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is used to relieve pain
Q. Is it aspirin?
It is not aspirin, but is similar to Aspirin as both belong to the same class of drugs called NSAIDs
Q. Is choline salicylate safe for babies?
Choline salicylate is not safe for babies. It is known to be linked to Reye's syndrome which affects the brain and liver and may be fatal.