Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl
Information about Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl
Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl Uses
Chlorpromazine+Trihexyphenidyl is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl works
Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl is a combination of two medicines: Chlorpromazine and Trihexyphenidyl. Chlorpromazine is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (dopamine) in the brain that affects thoughts and mood. However, it may cause side effects such as involuntary movements (shaking of hands, muscle spasms). Trihexyphenidyl is added to treat and prevent these side effects.
Common side effects of Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl
Nausea, Constipation, Sedation, Weight gain, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Urinary retention, Increased prolactin level in blood, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Dryness in mouth, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl
Promexy-HFGujarat Terce Laboratories Ltd
Emetil PlusLa Pharmaceuticals
Talentil TTalent India
Trankvil PlusMayflower India
Chlorotame ForteTriko Pharmaceuticals
₹3 to ₹274 variant(s)
ChlordylD D Pharmaceuticals
Relitil ForteReliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
Normazine HMankind Pharma Ltd
Talentil ForteTalent Healthcare
Expert advice for Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl
- Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl is a combination medicine that helps treat schizophrenia.
- Trihexyphenidyl controls drug induced abnormal movements.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medication as it may lower its efficacy.
- It can cause dry mouth. Maintain good oral hygiene,drink water, chew sugarless gum, or suck on hard candy for the dry mouth.
- It can make you more sensitive to changes in temperature. Drink plenty of liquids and dress appropriately.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma or trouble passing urine.
- Do not stop taking Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.