Information about Chlorpheniramine
Chlorpheniramine is used in the treatment of allergy symptoms.
How chlorpheniramine works
Chlorpheniramine is an antihistaminic medication. It blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of chlorpheniramine
Available Medicine for Chlorpheniramine
- ₹19Kaptab Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹38Syncom Formulations I Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹13Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹67Kruger Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96Stedman Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹5Kim Lab1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Chlorpheniramine
- Avoid driving or operating dangerous machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Chlorpheniramine, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for Chlorpheniramine
Q. Does chlorpheniramine or chlorpheniramine maleate cause increase in blood pressure/ drowsy/non drowsy/sedating/get you high/keep you awake/sleepiness/make you tired/weight gain?
Chlorpheniramine causing these side effects is common or rare. Always consult your doctor, if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Is chlorpheniramine like Benadryl?
No, chlorpheniramine is different from Benadryl
Q. Is chlorpheniramine prescription?
Yes, it is available with doctor’s prescription only
Q. Can I take chlorpheniramine or chlorpheniramine maleate with Panadol/ cetirizine /Zyrtec/ Allegra/ warfarin/ diphenhydramine/ ibuprofen/Claritin/guaifenesin/Benadryl?
Yes, but taking other medicines may alter the effects of chlorpheniramine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does chlorpheniramine contain aspirin?
No, it does not contain aspirin in it. Chlorpheniramine is a different drug than aspirin.