Information about Chloroquine + Primaquine
Chloroquine + Primaquine Uses
Chloroquine+Primaquine is used in the treatment of malaria.
How Chloroquine + Primaquine works
Chloroquine + Primaquine is a combination of two antiparasitic medicines: Chloroquine and Primaquine which treat malaria. They work by increasing the levels of haeme in the blood, a substance toxic to the malarial parasite. This kills the parasite and stops the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Chloroquine + Primaquine
Nausea, Vomiting, Upset stomach, Stomach pain, Dizziness, Headache, Itching, Hives, Rash
Expert advice for Chloroquine + Primaquine
- Chloroquine + Primaquine can be taken with or without food, but take with food if you experience stomach upset.
- Tips to reduce the chance of being bitten by mosquitoes:
- Wear light-coloured and covered clothing when you are outside after sunset.
- Use insect repellent creams or sprays on parts of your body not covered by clothing.
- Spray to kill any mosquitoes that may have entered rooms in spite of screening.
- It may cause blurring of vision, when you first start taking it. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- It may cause low blood sugar levels. Monitor your blood sugar level regularly, if you are diabetic.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids while taking medicine to overcome the side effects.