Information about Chlorhexidine Gluconate
Chlorhexidine gluconate uses
Chlorhexidine Gluconate is used in the treatment of inflammation of gums.
How chlorhexidine gluconate works
Chlorhexidine Gluconate is an antiseptic. It works by killing harmful microorganisms and cleans the affected area.
Common side effects of chlorhexidine gluconate
Taste change, Staining of teeth, Hard Dental Plaque
Available Medicine for Chlorhexidine Gluconate
- ₹49 to ₹235Icpa Health Products Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹112 to ₹164Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹47Icpa Health Products Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹340Indoco Remedies Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹53Jupiter Pharmaceutical Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹89Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹44Deys Medical1 variant(s)
- ₹137 to ₹864Pierre-Fabre6 variant(s)
- ₹71Jupiter Pharmaceutical Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Chlorhexidine Gluconate
- Use Chlorhexidine Gluconate after meals, it may affect the taste of foods and beverages.
- For maximum effectiveness avoid rinsing mouth (with water or any other mouthwash), brushing teeth, eating or drinking for 30 minutes after using the Chlorhexidine Gluconate.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate may cause permanent discolouration of some tooth fillings. To minimize discolouration, brush and floss daily, focussing on the areas which begin to discolour.
- Do not mix/dilute Chlorhexidine Gluconate with any other product.
- Avoid contact with eyes and ears. If the solution comes in contact with your eyes, rinse well with water.
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Chlorhexidine Gluconate
Q. Is Chlorhexidine Gluconate an antibiotic?
No, Chlorhexidine Gluconate is an antiseptic and disinfectant. It is active against a wide range of bacteria, viruses, yeasts and fungi.