Information about Chlorhexidine Gluconate
Chlorhexidine gluconate uses
Chlorhexidine Gluconate is used in the treatment of inflammation of gums and bad odor from mouth.
How chlorhexidine gluconate works
Chlorhexidine gluconate kills the harmful bacteria and fungi by attacking their outer covering.
Common side effects of chlorhexidine gluconate
Altered taste, Application site irritation, Teeth discolouration
Available Medicine for Chlorhexidine Gluconate
- ₹40 to ₹204Icpa Health Products Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹39Icpa Health Products Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹78Indoco Remedies Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹74Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45Jupiter Pharmaceutical Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹125 to ₹259Win-Medicare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹38Deys Medical1 variant(s)
- ₹83Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹195Icpa Health Products Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹73Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Chlorhexidine Gluconate
- Use Chlorhexidine Gluconate after meals, it may affect the taste of foods and beverages.
- For maximum effectiveness avoid rinsing mouth (with water or any other mouthwash), brushing teeth, eating or drinking for 30 minutes after using the Chlorhexidine Gluconate.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate may cause permanent discolouration of some tooth fillings. To minimize discolouration, brush and floss daily, focussing on the areas which begin to discolour.
- Do not mix/dilute Chlorhexidine Gluconate with any other product.
- Avoid contact with eyes and ears. If the solution comes in contact with your eyes, rinse well with water.
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Chlorhexidine Gluconate
Q. How does Chlorhexidine Gluconate work?
Chlorhexidine Gluconate belongs to a class of medication call antiseptic. It acts by killing as well as preventing bacterial growth. It kills bacteria by interacting with its cell surface
Q. Does it burn?
It is not generally known to burn. Please inform the doctor in case of any side effects
Q. Is Chlorhexidine Gluconate an antibiotic/antifungal/cure acne/cause cancer/good for canker sores?
Chlorhexidine Gluconate is not antibiotic/antifungal. It is not used for curing acne and it does not cause cancer. Canker sores (small and shallow ulcers of the mouth) if mild to moderate then can be controlled by using Chlorhexidine Gluconate mouthwash
Q. Is Chlorhexidine Gluconate safe?
Chlorhexidine Gluconate is safe when taken for an indication and at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor
Q. Is Chlorhexidine Gluconate an over the counter or prescription only drug?
Chlorhexidine Gluconate is an over the counter drug and not a prescription drug
Q. Is chlorhexidine gluconate whiten teeth/contain iodine/stain teeth?
Chlorhexidine gluconate is not used to whiten teeth. It does not contain iodine. It may stain the teeth slightly but this may be removed by brushing with a normal toothpaste
Q. Does Chlorhexidine Gluconate mouthwash expire?
Chlorhexidine Gluconate mouthwash has an expiry date. It should not be used beyond that date.