Information about Chinoform
Chinoform is used in the treatment of skin infections, fungal infections and bacterial infections of external ear.
How chinoform works
Chinoform belongs to a class of medication called anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents. It has bacteriostatic and neurotoxic activity and cures infections by stopping microbial growth. It is usually given in combination with corticosteroid (betamethasone).
Common side effects of chinoform
Burning sensation, Itching, Rash, Skin rash, Skin redness
Available Medicine for ChinoformNo medicine available
Expert advice for Chinoform
• Chinoform should be used only on the infected skin.
• Inform your doctor before taking chinoform as it may affect the thyroid function tests.
• Avoid use of chinoform near eyes, nose and mouth.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to chinoform or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to children less than one year of age.