Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum
Information about Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum
Ceftriaxone + tazobactum uses
Ceftriaxone+Tazobactum is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How ceftriaxone + tazobactum works
This is a combination of two medicines: Ceftriaxone and Tazobactum. Ceftriaxone is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Tazobactum is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Ceftriaxone against bacteria.
Common side effects of ceftriaxone + tazobactum
Diarrhea, Increased liver enzymes, Allergic reaction, Rash
Available Medicine for Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum
- ₹36 to ₹170Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹182Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹160Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹56Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹161 to ₹178Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹164Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹170Mapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹34 to ₹162Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹115Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹148Medley Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Stop taking Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
Frequently asked questions for Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum
Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum
Q. How long does Ceftriaxone+Tazobactum takes to work?
Usually, Ceftriaxone+Tazobactum starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Ceftriaxone+Tazobactum?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.