Information about Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum
Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum Uses
Ceftriaxone+Tazobactum is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum works
Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum is a combination of two medicines: Ceftriaxone and Tazobactum. Ceftriaxone is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Tazobactum is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Ceftriaxone against bacteria.
Common side effects of Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum
Diarrhea, Increased liver enzymes, Allergic reaction, Rash
Available Medicine for Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum
MontazAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹36 to ₹1994 variant(s)
Xone XPAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹46 to ₹1593 variant(s)
Xone XP KidAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Cefbact TCipla Ltd
₹161 to ₹1772 variant(s)
AccutazMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹55 to ₹1803 variant(s)
Taxone XPMapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹39 to ₹1695 variant(s)
Traxol TCachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹34 to ₹1614 variant(s)
Xone XP XPAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹46 to ₹1483 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Stop taking Ceftriaxone + Tazobactum and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.