Information about Ceftibuten
Ceftibuten is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for short-term treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, ear, bone, blood, abdomen, genital and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
How ceftibuten works
Ceftibuten is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body.
Common side effects of ceftibuten
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Ceftibuten
- ₹349Fulford India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftibuten
- Your doctor has prescribed Ceftibuten to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Ceftibuten and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- If you're on blood thinners, Ceftibuten can interact with your medications and increase your bleeding tendencies.