Information about Ceftibuten
Ceftibuten is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How ceftibuten works
Ceftibuten is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of ceftibuten
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
Available Medicine for Ceftibuten
- ₹349Fulford India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftibuten
- Only use Ceftibuten when prescribed by a registered medical doctor.
- Always take the full prescription, even if you feel better.
- Can lead to nausea and diarrhoea frequently.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
- Inform your doctor if there is the previous history of drug allergy.
- Avoid taking for a long duration as there is a risk of serious intestinal infection and low blood count.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.