Information about Ceftibuten
Ceftibuten is used in the treatment of Bacterial infections.
How ceftibuten works
Ceftibuten is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of ceftibuten
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Ceftibuten
- ₹349Fulford India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftibuten
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- Never take an antibiotic for a viral infection like a cold or the flu.
- Can lead to nausea and diarrhoea frequently. If this becomes severe or persistent or you notice that your stool contains blood or mucus you should stop taking Ceftibuten immediately and consult your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
- Inform your doctor if there is the previous history of drug allergy.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.