Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid
Information about Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid
Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid Uses
Cefpodoxime Proxetil+Clavulanic Acid is used in the treatment of respiratory tract infection.
How Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid works
Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanic Acid. Cefpodoxime Proxetil is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefpodoxime Proxetil against bacteria.
Common side effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid
Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Headache
Available Medicine for Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid
Cepodem XPSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹104 to ₹3574 variant(s)
Monocef-O CVAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹91 to ₹2505 variant(s)
Swich CVAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹106 to ₹3273 variant(s)
Opox CVHetero Drugs Ltd
₹59 to ₹2405 variant(s)
Doxcef CVLupin Ltd
₹107 to ₹3133 variant(s)
Zedocef CVMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹59 to ₹3095 variant(s)
Gudcef-CVMankind Pharma Ltd
₹87 to ₹2644 variant(s)
Microcef-CVMicro Labs Ltd
₹96 to ₹2753 variant(s)
Macpod CVMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹70 to ₹3095 variant(s)
Cefozyt CVZydus Cadila
Expert advice for Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Stop taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.