Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid
Information about Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid
Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid Uses
Cefpodoxime Proxetil+Clavulanic Acid is used in the treatment of respiratory tract infection.
How Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid works
Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanic Acid. Cefpodoxime Proxetil is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefpodoxime Proxetil against bacteria.
Common side effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid
Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Headache
Available Medicine for Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid
Cepodem XPSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹110 to ₹3645 variant(s)
Monocef-O CVAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹106 to ₹3205 variant(s)
Swich CVAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹120 to ₹3705 variant(s)
Opox CVHetero Drugs Ltd
₹59 to ₹3105 variant(s)
Doxcef CVLupin Ltd
₹130 to ₹3873 variant(s)
Gudcef-CVMankind Pharma Ltd
₹105 to ₹2904 variant(s)
Microcef-CVMicro Labs Ltd
₹111 to ₹3283 variant(s)
Cefozyt CVZydus Cadila
Kefpod CVGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Oxipod-CVIndoco Remedies Ltd
₹99 to ₹3524 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Stop taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil + Clavulanic Acid and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.