Information about Cefpodoxime Proxetil
Cefpodoxime Proxetil Uses
Cefpodoxime Proxetil is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefpodoxime Proxetil works
Cefpodoxime Proxetil is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil
Nausea, Diarrhea, Rash
Available Medicine for Cefpodoxime Proxetil
Monocef-OAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹85 to ₹1546 variant(s)
CepodemSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹72 to ₹16710 variant(s)
SwichAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹76 to ₹1846 variant(s)
OxipodIndoco Remedies Ltd
₹66 to ₹1536 variant(s)
MacpodMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹64 to ₹1576 variant(s)
ZedocefMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹59 to ₹1576 variant(s)
OpoxHetero Drugs Ltd
₹42 to ₹1316 variant(s)
₹69 to ₹1656 variant(s)
₹75 to ₹1736 variant(s)
CedonBlue Cross Laboratories Ltd
₹58 to ₹1326 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefpodoxime Proxetil
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefpodoxime Proxetil to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil as it may cause increased side effects.
- Discontinue Cefpodoxime Proxetil and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.