Information about Cefpodoxime Proxetil
Cefpodoxime proxetil uses
Cefpodoxime Proxetil is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How cefpodoxime proxetil works
Cefpodoxime Proxetil is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of cefpodoxime proxetil
Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Rash
Available Medicine for Cefpodoxime Proxetil
- ₹75 to ₹145Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹153Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd9 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹160Alkem Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹132Mankind Pharma Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹150Indoco Remedies Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹140Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹135Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹120Hetero Drugs Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹144Lupin Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹75 to ₹166Cipla Ltd6 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefpodoxime Proxetil
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefpodoxime Proxetil to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil as it may cause increased side effects.
- Discontinue Cefpodoxime Proxetil and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
Frequently asked questions for Cefpodoxime Proxetil
Q. Is Cefpodoxime Proxetil safe to use?
Cefpodoxime Proxetil is safe to use at the prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Can the use of Cefpodoxime Proxetil cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Cefpodoxime Proxetil can cause diarrhea. It is an antibiotic which kills the harmful bacteria. However, it also affects the helpful bacteria in your stomach or intestine and causes diarrhea. If diarrhea persists, talk to your doctor about it.
Q. Is Cefpodoxime Proxetil an antibiotic?
Yes, Cefpodoxime Proxetil is an antibiotic, it belongs to a group of antibiotics known as cephalosporins.
Q. Can I stop taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil when my symptoms are relieved?
No, do not stop taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. How long does Cefpodoxime Proxetil takes to work?
Usually, Cefpodoxime Proxetil starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Cefpodoxime Proxetil?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.