Cefotaxime + Sulbactam
Information about Cefotaxime + Sulbactam
Cefotaxime + sulbactam uses
Cefotaxime+Sulbactam is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How cefotaxime + sulbactam works
This is a combination of two medicines: Cefotaxime and Sulbactam. Cefotaxime is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefotaxime against bacteria.
Common side effects of cefotaxime + sulbactam
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Cefotaxime + Sulbactam
- ₹25 to ₹65Alkem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹49Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries3 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹50Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹206Zuventus Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹72Flora Biotech3 variant(s)
- ₹80Dekner Health Care1 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹42Pushkar Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹70Vhb Life Sciences Inc2 variant(s)
- ₹67Om Biotec1 variant(s)
- ₹69Novo Medi Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefotaxime + Sulbactam
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Cefotaxime + Sulbactam may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Stop taking Cefotaxime + Sulbactam and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
Frequently asked questions for Cefotaxime + Sulbactam
Cefotaxime + Sulbactam
Q. Can the use of Cefotaxime+Sulbactam cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Cefotaxime+Sulbactam can cause diarrhea. It is an antibiotic which kills the harmful bacteria. However, it also affects the helpful bacteria in your stomach or intestine and causes diarrhea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q. How long does Cefotaxime+Sulbactam takes to work?
Usually, Cefotaxime+Sulbactam starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Cefotaxime+Sulbactam?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.