Information about Cefotaxime + Sulbactam
Cefotaxime + Sulbactam Uses
Cefotaxime+Sulbactam is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefotaxime + Sulbactam works
Cefotaxime + Sulbactam is a combination of two medicines: Cefotaxime and Sulbactam. Cefotaxime is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefotaxime against bacteria.
Common side effects of Cefotaxime + Sulbactam
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Cefotaxime + Sulbactam
TaximaxAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹27 to ₹703 variant(s)
Biotax SBBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹20 to ₹493 variant(s)
DuotaxAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹21 to ₹493 variant(s)
AugtaxZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹59 to ₹2053 variant(s)
Haltax SHindustan Antibiotics Ltd
Peftaxim SBPushkar Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹25 to ₹412 variant(s)
Natocef SAncalima Lifesciences Ltd
₹60 to ₹802 variant(s)
Cefosys ForteSystacare Remedies
₹23 to ₹683 variant(s)
Flotax SFlora Biotech
₹24 to ₹723 variant(s)
Tamonov-SNovo Medi Sciences Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Cefotaxime + Sulbactam
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Cefotaxime + Sulbactam may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Stop taking Cefotaxime + Sulbactam and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.