Information about Cefoperazone + Tazobactum
Cefoperazone + Tazobactum Uses
Cefoperazone+Tazobactum is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefoperazone + Tazobactum works
Cefoperazone + Tazobactum is a combination of two medicines: Cefoperazone and Tazobactum. Cefoperazone is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Tazobactum is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefoperazone against bacteria.
Common side effects of Cefoperazone + Tazobactum
Diarrhea, Abnormal liver function tests, Allergic reaction, Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
Available Medicine for Cefoperazone + Tazobactum
₹159 to ₹2612 variant(s)
₹105 to ₹2062 variant(s)
Kephazon TZUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
HospitazAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹338 to ₹5882 variant(s)
Lypex TZHetero Drugs Ltd
Cepinfla-TZAartha Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Rampzone TZGodrams Lifeline
Zonic TZFantabulous Pharma
Expert advice for Cefoperazone + Tazobactum
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Cefoperazone + Tazobactum may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Stop taking Cefoperazone + Tazobactum and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.