Cefixime + Ornidazole
Information about Cefixime + Ornidazole
Cefixime + ornidazole uses
Cefixime+Ornidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How cefixime + ornidazole works
This is a combination of two antibiotics: Cefixime and Ornidazole. Cefixime works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body. Ornidazole kills other infectious microorganisms in addition to bacteria by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of cefixime + ornidazole
Headache, Dizziness, Stomach pain, Nausea, Flatulence, Diarrhea, Loss of appetite, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Cefixime + Ornidazole
- ₹253Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹130FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹183Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹176Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹142Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹164Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹115Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹170Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹168Biomax Biotechnics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹140Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefixime + Ornidazole
- You have been prescribed Cefixime + Ornidazole to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Discontinue Cefixime + Ornidazole and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Cefixime + Ornidazole
Cefixime + Ornidazole
Q. What if I miss my dose?
Take Cefixime+Ornidazole as soon as you remember it. However, do not take it if it's almost time for your next dose. Also, do not take an extra dose to make up for your missed dose.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Cefixime+Ornidazole?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.