Information about Cefixime + Ornidazole
Cefixime + Ornidazole Uses
Cefixime+Ornidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefixime + Ornidazole works
Cefixime + Ornidazole is a combination of two antibiotics: Cefixime and Ornidazole. Cefixime works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body. Ornidazole kills other infectious microorganisms in addition to bacteria by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of Cefixime + Ornidazole
Headache, Dizziness, Stomach pain, Nausea, Flatulence, Diarrhea, Loss of appetite, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Cefixime + Ornidazole
Taxim-OZAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Zifi OZFDC Ltd
OrnicefAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹59 to ₹1822 variant(s)
Cefolac OZMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Cefiwok OZWockhardt Ltd
Cefilab OZOzone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Cefglobe OZMicro Labs Ltd
Bixigard OZBiomax Biotechnics Pvt Ltd
Kefcef OZMed Manor Organics Pvt Ltd
Nicef OZIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Cefixime + Ornidazole
- You have been prescribed Cefixime + Ornidazole to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Discontinue Cefixime + Ornidazole and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.