Cefixime + Acetylcysteine
Information about Cefixime + Acetylcysteine
Cefixime + Acetylcysteine Uses
Cefixime+Acetylcysteine is used in the treatment of respiratory tract infection.
How Cefixime + Acetylcysteine works
Cefixime + Acetylcysteine is a combination of two medicines: Cefixime and acetylcysteine which treat respiratory tract infection. Cefixime is an antibiotic which kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body. Acetylcysteine is a mucolytic which thins and loosens mucus (phlegm) making it easier to cough out.
Common side effects of Cefixime + Acetylcysteine
Nausea, Vomiting, Upset stomach, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Indigestion, Flatulence, Rash, Fever
Expert advice for Cefixime + Acetylcysteine
- Take it with or without food but at the same time every day.
- Do not skip any dose and finish the course as suggested by the doctor.
- It is advisable to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water to overcome medicine side effects.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Cefixime + Acetylcysteine can cause drowsiness and sleepiness.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you experience rashes, itching, swelling and shortness of breath while taking this medicine.