Information about Cefetamet
Cefetamet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How cefetamet works
Cefetamet is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of cefetamet
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Cefetamet
- ₹53 to ₹107Unichem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹132 to ₹255Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹52Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefetamet
- Only use Cefetamet when prescribed by a registered medical doctor.
- Always take the full prescription, even if you feel better.
- Can lead to nausea and diarrhoea frequently.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
- Inform your doctor if there is the previous history of drug allergy.
- Avoid taking for a long duration as there is a risk of serious intestinal infection and low blood count.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.