Information about Cefetamet
Cefetamet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefetamet works
Cefetamet is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Cefetamet
Nausea, Diarrhea, Allergic reaction, Rash
Expert advice for Cefetamet
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefetamet to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection harder to treat.
- Discontinue Cefetamet and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefetamet as it may cause increased side effects.