Cefetamet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and typhoid fever
How it works
Cefetamet is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects
Headache, Nausea, Allergic reaction, Itching, Vomiting, Fever, Diarrhoea
- ₹52 to ₹108Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹132 to ₹255Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹107Unichem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- Seek medical attention if you have or have had any liver or kidney disease, diarrhea or intestinal inflammation.
- Consult your doctor before taking cefetamet if you have experienced severe allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to cephalosporins, cefetamet or its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.