Information about Cefadroxil
Cefadroxil is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for short-term treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, blood, abdomen, genital and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
How cefadroxil works
Cefadroxil is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body.
Common side effects of cefadroxil
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Cefadroxil
- ₹13 to ₹41Lupin Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹41Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹41Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹58Indoco Remedies Ltd17 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹40Cipla Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹40Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹29Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹41Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹41Leben Laboratories Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹41Synchem Lab6 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefadroxil
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefadroxil to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Cefadroxil and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- If you're on blood thinners, Cefadroxil can interact with your medications and increase your bleeding tendencies.
Frequently asked questions for Cefadroxil
Q. Does cefadroxil, or Odoxil contain sulfa or a form of penicillin drug?
No, they do not contain sulfa or not a penicillin drug. They are cephalosporin antibiotics
Q. Can I take Cefadroxil for strep throat; bronchitis, sinus infection, tooth infection, yeast infection, or acne?
Yes, you can take Cefadroxil in strep throat; bronchitis, sinus infection, tooth infection, or acne but you cannot take it for yeast infection. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition before taking the drug
Q. Can I take cefadroxil with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), ibuprofen, or Benadryl (diphenhydramine)?
Cefuroxime is not reported to interact with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), ibuprofen, or Benadryl (diphenhydramine). Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does Cefadroxil cause constipation or yeast infections?
Cefadroxil may cause yeast infections, but it is not known to cause constipation
Q. Is Cefadroxil safe?
Cefadroxil is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does Cefadroxil need to be refrigerated?
Cefadroxil needs to be stored at 20° to 25°C.