Information about Cefadroxil
Cefadroxil is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How cefadroxil works
Cefadroxil is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of cefadroxil
Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Stomach pain, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Cefadroxil
- ₹16 to ₹44Lupin Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹45Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹45Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹58Indoco Remedies Ltd12 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹40Cipla Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹41Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹41Leben Laboratories Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹41Synchem Lab6 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹155Bal Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹37Zest Pharma6 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefadroxil
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefadroxil to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Discontinue Cefadroxil and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefadroxil as it may cause increased side effects.
Frequently asked questions for Cefadroxil
Q. Can the use of Cefadroxil cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Cefadroxil can cause diarrhea. It is an antibiotic which kills the harmful bacteria. However, it also affects the helpful bacteria in your stomach or intestine and causes diarrhea. If diarrhea persists, talk to your doctor about it.
Q. What if Cefadroxil doesn't work?
Talk to your doctor if Cefadroxil doesn't seem to work for you. Your doctor may increase the dose of Cefadroxil or switch you to an alternate option, which may work for you.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Cefadroxil?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Cefadroxil when my symptoms are relieved?
No, do not stop taking Cefadroxil and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. Is Cefadroxil safe?
Cefadroxil is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Cefadroxil good for urinary tract infection?
Cefadroxil is a relatively safe and effective antibiotic that is available for the treatment of uncomplicated urinary tract infection (UTI).