Information about Cefadroxil
Cefadroxil is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How cefadroxil works
Cefadroxil is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of cefadroxil
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
Available Medicine for Cefadroxil
- ₹13 to ₹39Lupin Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹40Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹40Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹58Indoco Remedies Ltd12 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹40Cipla Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹40Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹29Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹46Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹45Leben Laboratories Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹45Synchem Lab6 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefadroxil
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefadroxil.
- Do not start or continue the cefadroxil tablets and consult your doctor if you have a kidney problem or history of gastro-intestinal disorders.
- Do not start or continue the cefadroxil tablets and consult your doctor if you experience severe and persistent diarrhea; it is considered as an antibiotic-associated severe diarrhea. Consult your doctor if you are taking oral birth control pills.
Frequently asked questions for Cefadroxil
Q. Does cefadroxil, or Odoxil contain sulfa or a form of penicillin drug?
No, they do not contain sulfa or not a penicillin drug. They are cephalosporin antibiotics
Q. Can I take cefadroxil for strep throat; bronchitis, sinus infection, tooth infection, yeast infection, or acne?
Yes, you can take cefadroxil in strep throat; bronchitis, sinus infection, tooth infection, or acne but you cannot take it for yeast infection. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition before taking the drug
Q. Can I take cefadroxil with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), ibuprofen, or Benadryl (diphenhydramine)?
Cefuroxime is not reported to interact with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), ibuprofen, or Benadryl (diphenhydramine). Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does cefadroxil cause constipation or yeast infections?
Cefadroxil may cause yeast infections, but it is not known to cause constipation
Q. Is cefadroxil safe?
Cefadroxil is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does cefadroxil need to be refrigerated?
Cefadroxil needs to be stored at 20° to 25°C.