Carisoprodol is used for muscle relaxation.
How it works
Carisoprodol belongs to a class of medications called as centrally acting muscle relaxants. It alters the signals from spinal cord and brain to skeletal muscles, which results in muscle relaxation and relief from pain.
Common side effects
Nausea, Blurred vision, Convulsion, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Headache, Lethargy, Stomach upset, Tachycardia, Vertigo, Vomiting
- 1 variant(s)
- Do not take carisoprodol for longer than prescribed period as it may lead to drug dependence and withdrawal symptoms when discontinued.
- Consult your doctor if you have a history of fits (seizures), liver or kidney disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking carisoprodol as it known to cause dizziness and sedation.
- Do not consume alcohol while on carisoprodol treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.