Information about Carisoprodol
Carisoprodol is used for muscle relaxation. It relieves painful spasms of the skeletal muscles.
How Carisoprodol works
Carisoprodol is a muscle relaxant. It works on the centres in the brain and spinal cord to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm without reduction in strength. This improves pain and movement of muscles.
Common side effects of Carisoprodol
Sleepiness, Headache, Dizziness
Expert advice for Carisoprodol
- Carisoprodol provides relief from rigidity, tension and stiffness in muscles (spasticity) that may occur due to various conditions affecting the nervous system.
- Carisoprodol may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Carisoprodol as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking it suddenly without talking to your doctor if you've been on it for a long time.