Information about Bethanechol
Bethanechol is used in the treatment of urinary retention. It helps to treat urinary retention (holding urine in the bladder) following an operation or after giving birth.
How bethanechol works
Bethanechol is a muscarinic agonist. It works by making the contraction of urinary bladder muscle sufficiently strong to initiate urination and empty the bladder.
Common side effects of bethanechol
Nausea, Vomiting, Sweating, Intestinal colic
Available Medicine for Bethanechol
- ₹128Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹175Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹130Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹141Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹155Tycoon Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bethanechol
- Bethanechol helps treat urinary retention (holding urine in the bladder) following an operation or after giving birth.
- Take it on an empty stomach, half an hour before food, to reduce the risk of feeling sick.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not take it if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Bethanechol
Q. How does Bethanechol helps in relieving the urine?
Bethanechol acts on the urinary bladder and helps in relieving urine by contracting the muscle of the bladder. Thereby, facilitating the passing of urine.
Q. How long does Bethanechol take to work?
Bethanechol starts working within 90 minutes of taking this medicine, and its effect will last for 1 hour.