Information about Benzyl Benzoate
Benzyl benzoate uses
Benzyl Benzoate is used in the treatment of scabies.
How benzyl benzoate works
Benzyl benzoate belongs to a class of drugs called as scabicide. It acts by exerting toxic effect on the nervous system of the mites and lice. It paralyses these parasites resulting in their death.
Common side effects of benzyl benzoate
Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
Available Medicine for Benzyl Benzoate
- ₹22S V Biovac Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Benzyl Benzoate
• Avoid direct contact with eyes or other mucous membrane.
• Do not apply benzyl benzoate on head and face.
• Do not use benzyl benzoate on open wounds, such as cuts or sores on the skin or scalp.
• Practice disinfecting/ washing combs, curlers, and brushes in hot water for about 10 minutes immediately after using benzyl benzoate to prevent spread of infection.
• Practice washing all recently worn clothing and used bed linens and towels in hot water to prevent spread of infection.
• Patients allergic to benzyl benzoate or any of its ingredients should avoid it.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not be administered benzyl benzoate.
• Neonates should also not be given benzyl benzoate.
• Benzyl benzoate should not be given to patients with broken or irritated skin.
Frequently asked questions for Benzyl Benzoate
Q. Is Benzyl Benzoate safe?
Benzyl Benzoate is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is benzyl benzoate the same as benzoyl peroxide and can be used for acne?
No, benxoyl benzoate is used in the treatment of scabies and not be used on open wounds. Whereas, benzoyl peroxide is used in the treatment of acne
Q. Can Benzyl Benzoate cause cancer?
Benzyl Benzoate is not known to cause cancer. However, if you develop of any such symptoms contact your doctor immediately.