How it works
Common side effects
- 1 variant(s)
- Before taking benzonatate, tell your doctor if you have asthma or are allergic to procaine (Novocain), tetracaine medications.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking Benzonatate.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Benzonatate may cause drowsiness/dizziness. Do not drive or operate machinery until you feel fine.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking benzonatate treatment, as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is Benzonatate an antibiotic/Benzo/steroid/Controlled Substance?
Benzonatate is not an antibiotic or benzodiazepam or steroid or controlled substance
Q.Is Benzonatate addictive /Gluten free?
Benzonatate is non-addictive and not gluten free
Q.Does Benzonatate contain codeine/Sulfa/Aspirin?
Benzonatate doesn't contain codeine, sulfa or aspirin
Q.Does Benzonatate help sore throat?
Benzonatate may help for a sore throat, but not if your sore throat is because of an infection. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take Benzonatate with Sudafed/ Mucinex / Robitussin/ Ibuprofen/ Dextromethorphan/Guaifenesin/Promethazine/Tylenol cold?
Benzonatate may interact with these medications. Kindly follow doctors instructions
Q.Does Benzonatate cause drowsiness?
Yes, Benzonatate cause drowsiness. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.