Beclometasone + Ketoconazole
Information about Beclometasone + Ketoconazole
Beclometasone + ketoconazole uses
Beclometasone+Ketoconazole is used in the treatment of fungal skin infections.
How beclometasone + ketoconazole works
This is a combination of two medicines: Beclometasone and Ketoconazole, which treats fungal skin infections. Beclometasone is a steroid which blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Ketoconazole is an antifungal which stops the growth of fungi by preventing them from forming their own protective covering.
Common side effects of beclometasone + ketoconazole
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Beclometasone + Ketoconazole
- ₹103 to ₹185Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹118Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹116Brinton Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹79 to ₹85Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹90Biochemix Health Care Pvt. Ltd.1 variant(s)
- ₹85Canixa Life Sciences Pvt1 variant(s)
- ₹99G-Nine Formulations Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹195Pretium Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹110Medcure Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Beclometasone + Ketoconazole
- This combination medicine helps treat skin infections caused by many different types of fungi.
- It can take a few weeks for the infection to clear and a few months before the skin returns to its normal color.
- It is not taken orally, so it does not cause many side effects.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- It is for use on skin only. Do not use it in your eyes, mouth, or vagina. Rinse with cold water if you accidentally get it in these area.
- Do not use this medicine more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Beclometasone + Ketoconazole
Beclometasone + Ketoconazole
Q. How to use Beclometasone+Ketoconazole?
Follow the directions given by the doctor on the medicine. Apply the medicine thinly and in sufficient quantity to cover the affected areas. Beclometasone+Ketoconazole is usually applied two or three times a day to the affected areas of skin. Wash your hands after using Beclometasone+Ketoconazole, unless it is used for treating skin infection on the hands.
Q. Can I stop taking Beclometasone+Ketoconazole when my symptoms are relieved?
No, do not stop taking Beclometasone+Ketoconazole and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. What precautions need to be taken while using Beclometasone+Ketoconazole?
Beclometasone+Ketoconazole should not be used on the face. Do not use the medication for longer than advised periods of time. Do not apply a bandage or dressing to the area being treated, as this will increase absorption of the preparation and increase the risk of side effects. This medicine should be used by the patient and never be given to other people even if their condition appears to be the same.
Q. Will Beclometasone+Ketoconazole be more effective if taken more than prescribed?
No, Beclometasone+Ketoconazole will not be more effective if overused. Overusing the medicine can result in too much medicine being absorbed into the body. This may lead to thinning or weakening of the skin and other serious side effects. If you are experiencing increased severity of your symptoms, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Beclometasone+Ketoconazole?
Keep this medicine in the packet or the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.