Atenolol + Lercanidipine
Information about Atenolol + Lercanidipine
Atenolol + Lercanidipine Uses
Atenolol+Lercanidipine is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Atenolol + Lercanidipine works
Atenolol + Lercanidipine is a combination of two medicines: Atenolol and lercanidipine which lower blood pressure effectively. Atenolol is a beta blocker that works specifically on the heart to slow down the heart rate while lercanidipine is a calcium channel blocker which works by relaxing blood vessels. Together, they make the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of Atenolol + Lercanidipine
Sleepiness, Headache, Ankle swelling, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Slow heart rate, Tiredness, Palpitations, Nausea, Edema (swelling), Constipation, Cold extremities
Expert advice for Atenolol + Lercanidipine
- You have been prescribed Atenolol + Lercanidipine for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Lowering blood pressure reduces chance of future heart attack & strokes.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it can cause sudden increase in your blood pressure.
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy.