Atenolol + Indapamide
Information about Atenolol + Indapamide
Atenolol + indapamide uses
Atenolol+Indapamide is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How atenolol + indapamide works
This is a combination of two blood-pressure lowering medicines: Atenolol and Indapamide. Atenolol is a beta blocker which works specifically on the heart to reduce heart rate and make the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body. Indapamide is a diuretic which lowers blood pressure by removing extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of atenolol + indapamide
Nausea, Indigestion, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Constipation, Headache, Fatigue, Weakness, Cold extremities, Peripheral edema, Flu-like symptoms
Available Medicine for Atenolol + Indapamide
- ₹89Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹66Themis Medicare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹53Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹48Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Siomond Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Atenolol + Indapamide
- It is a combination of two blood pressure lowering medications used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Do not stop taking Atenolol + Indapamide suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- It may cause dizziness. If this happens to you, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you're diabetic. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Atenolol + Indapamide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.