Information about Armodafinil
Armodafinil is used in the treatment of narcolepsy.
How armodafinil works
Armodafinil modulates the levels of chemical messengers in the brain and exerts a stimulant effect to reduce extreme sleepiness.
Common side effects of armodafinil
Headache, Nervousness, Anxiety, Dryness in mouth, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Nausea, Palpitations, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Abdominal pain, Irritability, Dyspepsia, Increased liver enzymes, Abnormal thoughts, Diarrhoea, Depression, Tachycardia, Confusion, Constipation
Available Medicine for Armodafinil
- ₹115 to ₹210Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹121 to ₹240Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Armodafinil
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including medicine for treating anxiety, depression, or seizures, sleeping pills, pain relievers, muscle relaxers, anticoagulants or other medicines including such as citalopram, palbociclib, levomethadyl acetate, olaparib, clopidogril, ranolazine.
- Take precautions if you have high blood pressure, any mental (psychological) illness or if you consumed alcohol excessively or ever overused a medicine (drug abuse).
- Tell your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Certain types of contraceptives (hormonal birth control measures) become less effective while on armodafinil treatment. Additional birth control measures may be required during/after treatment with this drug in patients who are not planning to become pregnant.
- As armodafinil may cause dizziness, do not drive or operate machinery.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effect of armodafinil.
Frequently asked questions for Armodafinil
Q. Does armodafinil work?
Armodafinil is effective if taken as per the dose and duration prescribed by a doctor
Q. What does armodafinil look like?
Armodafinil is available in the form of a tablet which is to be taken orally
Q. Is armodafinil a narcotic/is it addictive?
No. Armodafinil is not a narcotic. It has very low potential to be a habit forming medicine. Please follow your doctor's instructions about the dose and duration of treatment. Do not take it for longer time than prescribed. Do not discontinue the treatment abruptly.