Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid
Information about Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid
Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid Uses
Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is indicated for short-term treatment of bacterial infections of respiratory tract, genito-urinary tract, skin, bone, and tooth among others.
How Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid works
Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Clavulanic Acid. Amoxycillin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Amoxycillin against bacteria.
Common side effects of Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid
Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid
AugmentinGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹60 to ₹54610 variant(s)
ClavamAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹56 to ₹53014 variant(s)
Moxikind-CVMankind Pharma Ltd
₹56 to ₹1918 variant(s)
MoxclavSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹49 to ₹41818 variant(s)
₹55 to ₹23914 variant(s)
Mega-CVAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹59 to ₹20513 variant(s)
AugpenZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹41 to ₹43612 variant(s)
Mox CVSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹60 to ₹4558 variant(s)
ClampDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹14 to ₹29610 variant(s)
SensiclavMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹50 to ₹15210 variant(s)
Expert advice for Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Stop taking Amoxycillin + Clavulanic Acid and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
- Do not use leftover medicine for treating any infection in the future. Always consult your doctor before taking any antibiotic.