Amlodipine + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Amlodipine + Hydrochlorothiazide
Amlodipine + Hydrochlorothiazide Uses
Amlodipine+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Amlodipine + Hydrochlorothiazide works
Amlodipine + Hydrochlorothiazide is a combination of two medicines: Amlodipine and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker which relaxes blood vessels and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic which removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body by increasing the amount of urine produced. Over time it also works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
Common side effects of Amlodipine + Hydrochlorothiazide
Glucose intolerance, Sleepiness, Ankle swelling, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Tiredness, Palpitations, Nausea, Increased blood uric acid, Decreased potassium level in blood, Altered blood lipid level
Available Medicine for Amlodipine + Hydrochlorothiazide
Amlong-HMicro Labs Ltd
₹70 to ₹1062 variant(s)
Amlovas HMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Stamlo DDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
Asomex-DEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹57 to ₹1913 variant(s)
Eslo-DZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹76 to ₹1262 variant(s)
Amlokind-HMankind Pharma Ltd
Amlosafe HAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹63 to ₹1152 variant(s)
Espin HIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Amtas HTIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Amlodipine + Hydrochlorothiazide
- Amlodipine + Hydrochlorothiazide helps in the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It also lowers your risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension). Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood pressure, kidney function and the levels of salts such as potassium in your blood while you are taking this medicine.